All products featured are independently chosen by us. However, SoundGuys may receive a commission on orders placed through its retail links. See our ethics statement.
How to see your Spotify listening history
Have you ever found yourself trying to recall the details of a past tune that once resonated with you, only to come up empty-handed? That’s why we’ll be showing you how to see listening history on Spotify to rediscover old favorites, track your evolving taste, and curate playlists that reflect your unique story.
To see your Spotify listening history in the Spotify mobile app, tap your profile icon and select Listening history to see a list of your recently played audio. On the desktop website, click Queue > Recently played.
JUMP TO KEY SECTIONS
How to see your Spotify listening history (mobile)
Follow these steps to see your Spotify listening history on your Android or iOS device:
- Open the Spotify app on your phone and ensure you’re logged in to your account.
- Tap on the profile icon at the top right corner of your screen to open the sidebar.
- Select Listening history from the options. It’ll bring up your recently played songs organized by date.
How to see your Spotify listening history (desktop)
Here’s how to see listening history on Spotify using the desktop app:
- Launch Spotify on your desktop.
- Click the Queue icon from the bottom of your screen. This brings up your queued items.
- Select the Recently played tab from the Queue page to bring up a list of recently played songs organized by date.
You can listen to any audio file on the recent list by clicking the name. To perform more actions, click on the three dots icon next to each song to bring up a bunch of options.
Can you delete listening history on Spotify?
Unless you delete your Spotify account, there’s currently no way to delete your listening history from the desktop or mobile apps. The service requires this data to recommend new tracks that might interest you.
Can you see your friends’ listening history on Spotify?
While you can view your friends’ activity, you can’t see their listening history on Spotify. By default, the recently played section is only visible to you and not publicly seen by other users.