All products featured are independently chosen by us. However, SoundGuys may receive a commission on orders placed through its retail links. See our ethics statement.
How to add songs to a Spotify playlist
Spotify features thousands of soundtracks that keep users engaged and entertained. However, searching for your favorite song repeatedly can be frustrating. Although the app recommends songs based on tracks you’ve been listening to, creating a personalized playlist can gather your favorite songs in one place. Let’s see how you can add songs to Spotify playlists on mobile and desktop.
To add songs to your Spotify playlist, open your Spotify mobile or desktop app and search for your favorite song. Tap the three dots icon and then select the Add to playlist option.
JUMP TO KEY SECTIONS
How to add songs to a Spotify playlist on a mobile
Adding your favorite songs to a personalized playlist is pretty easy on mobile. Follow the steps below.
- Open Spotify and log in.
- Search for your favorite song using the search bar next to the Home button.
- Select the song and tap the three dots next to the download button.
- Tap Add to playlist and select one of your playlists.
- If you’d like to create a new playlist on Spotify, then tap New playlist.
- Write a playlist name and tap Create. The song will be added to the playlist.
How to add songs to a Spotify playlist on a desktop
If you prefer listening to Spotify music on your PC, here’s how to add songs to a playlist on your desktop.
- Open the Spotify desktop app and log in.
- In the left column, tap the Search option under Home.
- Search for the song and click it.
- Now, right-click on the screen or click the three dots next to the download button to open a new menu. Finally, click Add to playlist.
- Select one of your existing playlists or click Create playlist to create a new playlist for this song.
Frequently asked questions about Spotify playlists
Yes, you can combine Spotify playlists. To do so, open the Spotify app and go to the playlist you want to merge. Tap the three dots icon and select Add to other playlist. Then, select the playlist you want to merge with.
To add songs to a collaborative Spotify playlist, select the song you want to add. Then tap the three dots next to the download button and choose Add to playlist. From there, select the playlist you want to add the song to.
If the enhanced feature is turned on, Spotify will continue to add similar songs to your playlist. To turn off this feature, open the Spotify app on your desktop. Go to Your Library, navigate to the playlist, and turn off the Enhanced option.