All products featured are independently chosen by us. However, SoundGuys may receive a commission on orders placed through its retail links. See our ethics statement.
How to create and scan a Spotify code
Have you stumbled upon a captivating tune on Spotify or created the perfect playlist and wish to share it with friends but aren’t sure how? Spotify lets you do that in several ways, including barcodes. This article will guide you through the process of creating a Spotify scan code.
To scan a Spotify code, navigate to the Search section and tap the camera icon at the top right of the display.
To create a Spotify scan code, find the content you wish to share, tap the three-dot (more) icon, and select Show Spotify Code.
JUMP TO KEY SECTIONS
How to scan a Spotify code
Follow these steps to scan a Spotify code:
- Open the Spotify app and navigate to the Search section at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the camera icon on the top right side of the screen to bring up the camera viewfinder.
- Align your camera with the Spotify code to scan. The audio or playlist should open.
How to make a Spotify scan code
Here’s how to get Spotify code for a playlist or audio content to share with others:
- Open the Spotify app on your device.
- Find and select the content you wish to share.
- Tap the options (three-dot) menu button next to the song title or at the top-right corner of the album or playlist page.
- Select the Show Spotify Code option from the pop-up menu. The app will generate a scannable code for the selected content.
You can also create a Spotify code by finding the content you wish to share, tapping the three-dot icon, and navigating to Share > Code > Save/share code.
Yes, you can create and scan a Spotify code with or without Premium as the feature is available to all users.
Yes, Apple Music has scan codes referred to as Apple Music QR codes.
If you’re having trouble scanning a Spotify code, troubleshoot it by making sure the image of the code is clear, aligning your camera properly, and cleaning the camera lens to avoid interference. You can also check your internet connection, update the app, and restart your device. If the issue persists, contact Spotify support for further assistance.
No, you can only read Spotify Codes from the Spotify app’s built-in scanner.