All products featured are independently chosen by us. However, SoundGuys may receive a commission on orders placed through its retail links. See our ethics statement.
How to start a remote group session on Spotify
Music has a magical way of bringing people together. Spotify’s remote group session or Jam feature amplifies that by allowing us to share our listening sessions with friends, no matter the distance. You’re in the right place if you’re wondering how to start a remote group session on Spotify. In this post, we’ll explore the steps to start your Spotify listening party, ensuring you and your pals can jam out together, even while apart.
To start a remote group session, begin playing a song on your Spotify mobile app, then tap the Connect to a Device icon. Tap on Start a Jam and share the invite link with your friends to enjoy a Spotify listening party together.
How to listen to Spotify with friends
Spotify group session or Jam is only available for premium users and can only be accessed on the mobile app. Follow these steps on how to start a remote group session on Spotify:
- Tap the Connect to a Device icon at the bottom of your screen while playing a song or podcast episode.
- Tap on Start a Jam to begin your remote group session.
- Tap on the green Share link button to share the session’s link with your friends.
You can share the remote group session’s link with your friends via social media apps like WhatsApp, Instagram, Snapchat, and X.
If you’d like to invite more people later, tap on the Connect to a Device icon and tap on Invite.
While listening to your Spotify Jam with friends, you can curate your listening experience by adding a song to the queue. Here’s how:
- Tap on the Queue icon at the bottom right corner of your Now Playing screen.
- Tap on the Add songs button to open a recommendations list of songs to add.
- Tap on the Add to Queue icon at the right of a song to add it to your Jam session.
Tap on the End button to end the Spotify group session or Jam.
With Jam, you and your friends can enjoy the same beats wherever you are.